Sunday, April 27, 2008

Another weekend...

Let me start by telling you a little bit about Friday afternoon when I went to pick Collin up from daycare. His daycare provider's name is Ms. Amelia and I can already tell that he is really becoming attached to her. We started taking Collin to Ms. Amelia in December, so he's been going there almost 5 months. Well, I got off work a little early Friday and was excited about being able to pick him up a little early. When Ms. Amelia brought him to me and turned to "hand him over" he turned and grabbed her shoulder. I was so surprised! It was like he didn't want to leave. I told Collin that we were going to have to have a long talk this weekend! We all laughed. It amazes me how much he is learning and growing everyday. This was just another example of our little boy starting to be a big boy!

We didn't do a lot this weekend. We did get out and about some Saturday, which is always an adventure with Collin. He ends up falling asleep in the car most of the time, so I usually just sit in the car with him. No sense in making him mad and having to listen to him whine, right?
Before he went to sleep we were able to hit Sportman's Warehouse and Bass Pro Shop. I think Collin is going to fit in just fine with his granddaddy (Chauncey's dad) b/c he LOVED looking around at all of the hunting, fishing, camoflauge stuff, etc. His granddaddy is already telling me that as soon as Collin is old enough he is going to get him out in the woods hunting and take him fishing...that is perfectly fine with me! I am ready for Collin to get involved in "extra curricular" activities. Maybe it was just something new, but his eyes lit up and were all over the place as we walked through the stores.

Later in the evening Collin's cousins - Logan and Ryan - came over for a couple of hours. Logan spent most of the time playing video games with Chauncey, but Ryan had a good time running from Yukon and playing with Collin (I've posted a couple of pictures of Ryan & Collin -- see right side of page).

It's cloudy outside today, so we will probably spend most of the day hanging out in the house. If the sun comes out a little later I will take Collin for a walk through the neighborhood -- he likes being outside and I need the exercise!


Collin playing with the pillow...

No comments: