Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Funny story about bath time...

Collin is at the stage where he reaches and grabs for EVERYTHING. Most of the time it is funny and makes me laugh. Sometimes I get a little frustrated -- especially when I am trying to get him dressed, feed him, put him in his car seat, etc. It gets difficult to buckle him in his seat when he is constantly pulling my hair or grabbing my shirt. While I am feeding him he will take one arm and swing it back and forth like he is trying to slap me in the face...every once in a while he actually hits me!

Lately, the last few nights while I am giving him a bath he reaches for the water as it's running from the faucet. While this may not sound particularly funny, it is. He will open his hand up as much as he can -- stretching it out wide. Next he leans in and reaches for the running water and clinches his fist as if he is grabbing the water. He pulls his hand towards his face and opens the fist. He looks at his hand with this confused look on his face. He can't figure out why there isn't anything in his hand. It is SOOO funny to watch him. He will do this over and over until I move him away from the water.
I wanted to get a video clip of him doing this, but every time I bring the camera out he freezes up!! I still don't think he's figured out what the camera really is. :)
Maybe Chauncey can get a short video of him while I am giving him the bath...I will keep trying. You all need to see it!

Love,
Courtney

No comments: