Friday, July 18, 2008

Collin's process of waking up each morning...

I always find it amusing the way Collin wakes up MOST mornings. Of course, no day is the exact same, but suffice it to say that he can't just open his eyes when he is ready to wake up. Instead, he has to go through this ordeal of moving around, pulling the covers to try and put them in his mouth, stretch, moan a little bit, etc...keep in mind, the entire time he is doing all of this, his eyes are still closed. I finally decided to see if I could catch it on film. And I did. This morning wasn't quite as "exciting" as others, but it's still cute to see how he wakes up. What is really cute is when he finally opens his eyes and realizes I am standing right there with the camera. You can tell he is trying to get his eyes focused and he still looks like he is a little sleepy because he takes a few of those long, slow blinks.
Once he really figures out what I am doing, he starts to move towards me -- smiling the entire way. It's precious.
I have to warn those of you that decide to let Collin spend the night with you...he isn't always this pleasant when he wakes up! Although, I have to admit, he is pretty good. If he wakes up crying it is usually because he is hungry -- go figure! :)
Anyway, below is one video of him sleeping -- it's pretty boring, but I wanted to get him while he was knocked out. It's also a little dark b/c I had to get close to him and the shadow gets in the way.
The other video is the one of him waking up -- watch them when you have time.

Collin is knocked out....he looks so sweet :)


Collin waking up...notice he doesn't open his eyes for a little bit...

No comments: