We went to Little Rock to visit for my grandma's upcoming birthday. We arrived just in time for church on Sunday and spent the majority of the day there. Earlier that week, when I spoke to my dad on the phone, he volunteered to keep Collin for a few days after our church visit. Of course, being the giving person that I am, I didn't mind letting them spend a few quality days with Collin. :) After church and lunch, Chauncey and I headed back to Memphis early that Sunday evening. I have to admit, it was a little tough leaving Collin there. Usually, they pick him up in Memphis or we meet halfway. So, I am not sure if it was "us leaving him" that made it tough this particular time or what.
I called as soon as we made it back to Memphis to check on Collin. I don't even think he realized we weren't there. He was having such a good time with his cousin Lauren (aka La La). They had already been to the park and McDonalds. Park and McDonalds? Yep, he was definitely having a good time. I was able to get Collin to talk to me on the phone for a few seconds - only long enough to say, "hi momma" and "I lobe you (which is I love you)." The next morning, I called to check on him and he was already gone with Papa and Lauren. He went with Papa every morning to drop Lauren off for school. While Papa waited for Nana to finish her morning aerobics, off to the park they went each morning. I am sure Collin was feeling pretty spoiled after about 2 days of this routine. Each night I called to check on Collin and I would get my usual 5 second token phone conversation with him. He did manage to tell me about the hot dog he ate one day. Other than that, "hi momma" was the extent of our conversation.
He stayed in Little Rock from Sunday until Thursday, which was a wonderful (and much needed) break for us. He has officially been programmed to say that he is "Papa's boy" if you ask him whose boy he is. It's pretty funny. Just the other day, I said, "Collin, are you momma's boy?" "Nooooo," he replied, "I'm Papa's boy!"
I am so thankful he enjoys spending time in Little Rock. It definitely makes it easier on us leaving him there for a few days. As a matter of fact, I am already looking forward to his next visit. I've learned that all I have to do is call Papa! He tells us to bring Collin on, even before he checks with Nana to make sure it's okay! :) I guess that's just what Papa's do! Mine did the same and I am sure that sometimes my Meme wanted a break from us rowdy grandkids, but Papa never let us down! Collin sure does love his Nana and Papa. And there is definitely no one that takes Lauren's place in his mind. I bet he mentions "La La" to me at least once every day at some point.
No comments:
Post a Comment