Monday, September 27, 2010

Potty trained?!?!

Today marks the 1st day that Collin wore his "big boy underwears" (as he calls them) to school. He went all weekend without any accidents, so I am hoping that we have a successful day at school. On the way to school, he told me that he was going to show all of his friends his "underwears" today. I made sure to tell him that he doesn't have to show anyone, but he can tell them that he is wearing them. :) I definitely hope that we've bought our last package of Pull-Ups! I guess I will know for sure when I pick him up this afternoon.

It's that time of year...we've started planning for Collin's 3rd birthday party. It is still hard to believe he will be 3 in less than a month! We are doing a Transformers theme since that is one of his favorite things right now.

In an effort not to lose some of the funny things Collin says, below are a few of his most recent sayings:

Collin: Where am I going today?
Me: School.
Collin: I don't want to go to school.
Me: Well, you have to because I have to go to work.
Collin: Those don't look like work clothes! (I had on shorts and a t-shirt b/c I was working from home that particular day) :)

Collin told me to put my "flip socks" on...after a couple of seconds, he brought me a pair of flip flops!

Collin and I were out eating one night and he told me to "stop talking, mom. I am trying to eat."

After showing Collin the new shoes we bought him, he responds "ohhh myyyy gosh! I love them." I love how excited he gets over the little things.

Someone pointed out to Collin that his mom is white and his dad is black. Collin's response: "nooooo, my mom is Courtney and my dad is Chauncey." There is nothing like the innocence of a child!

Collin turned in his homework at school and as he handed it to the teacher he said, "here you go; my mom and dad did it." Too funny!! (and we really didn't do it!)

I know there are more things, but I can't think of them now...when I do, I will add them!

No comments: