I've been out of town for a week today and Collin has been passed from one set of grandparents to the other. He spent last week in Little Rock with my family and this week he is in Memphis with Chauncey's parents. From every conversation I've had with him over the past week, he seems to be having a blast. He spent a full day last week with my sister (Patty) and his two cousins (Lauren and Emma). Collin enjoyed every second of it -- he enjoyed it so much that when Nana came to pick him up, he cried and didn't want to leave. Now, every time he talks to Patty he tells her that he likes her house. :)
Of course, he spent a lot of time down at the church playing in the gym with Nana and Papa. Papa also took him to ride the trolley, which he absolutely loved! He asks me all the time to take him to ride the trolley. One day when I called to check on him he asked me, "mom, are you coming to my birthday?" I told him it was 6 more days until his birthday and he said, "wow! 6 more days until my birthday!" Usually, every time we talk he tells me how he used "the pot like a big boy!" I think we are finally done with Pull-Ups --- I couldn't be happier!
I return to Memphis on Friday and we are having his birthday party on Saturday (I'm not exactly sure what I was thinking when I planned it the day after a 10-day business trip). I am certain it will be a fun party and even if no one shows up, Collin will have a great time at "Pizza Incredible" (he always says the name backwards).
No comments:
Post a Comment