Collin sure is growing up and he manages to surprise me almost everyday with the things he knows. Last week, he had a bout with pink eye. I guess he heard me telling someone that it isn't contagious after 24 hours once we started using the eye drops to treat it. Several hours later, when someone asked him about his pink eye, he responded, "noooo, my eyes aren't outrageous now." Outrageous, contagious --- almost the same thing, right? :)
We went to Little Rock a few weeks ago for my niece's 11th birthday party. Nana and Papa were gracious enough to keep Collin for the week. As usual, he had a blast. My dad likes to tell Collin, "boy, you are something else!" Well, now Collin likes to say that whenever he does something that "might" get him into trouble. For example, he will make a smart remark and when I give him "the look" and he knows he is about to get in trouble, he will say, "mom, I'm something else, huh?" :) The classic story about his most recent trip to Little Rock has to be what he did during the Wednesday night church service. Papa asked him at the end of the service if he would say his pledge allegiance to the bible (yes, he knows the whole thing!). After doing that, he asked him if there was a song he wanted to sing --- my dad taught him some little silly song called "bimbo bimbo," so as soon as he asked him if he wanted to sing a song, my dad got a little worried that he might start singing bimbo. Nope, Collin wasn't interested in that song. Instead, he started singing "ice, ice baby!" TOO FUNNY!! What really makes this funny is my grandparents asked me to sing a song when I was about Collin's age and they just knew I was going to sing "Jesus Loves Me." Boy, were they surprised when I started singing, "Elvira! My heart's on fire, Elvira!" I guess like mother, like son! He gets it honestly. :)
We are wrapping up the Thanksgiving weekend and just put our Christmas tree up yesterday. My favorite ornaments are definitely the ones Collin made for us. Hopefully, in the next week or so we will get some pictures taken for our Christmas cards. We are going to venture out a little bit this year and try to capture a picture with all of us - including Yukon.
No comments:
Post a Comment