Monday, May 19, 2008

Collin "Scooting" Around the House...

As I mentioned in another post, Collin is learning to get around just fine. He isn't quite crawling yet, but he is scooting all over the place. He started out moving around slowly and cautiously, but now he's mastered it and is on the move! We can't turn our backs on him very long or he will end up somewhere he shouldn't be. I think the time has arrived to start "childproofing" our house. We've done a little, but we have lots of things that still need to be done. Although, I have a feeling no matter how much we think we've "childproofed" he will find plenty more to get in to. I was able to get Collin to scoot towards one of his toys yesterday and caught a short video clip of it. I've posted the video below.

It's exciting to watch him learn. You can tell that he recognizes toys that are familiar and he knows where to go in certain rooms to get what he wants. He gets excited from the smallest things and will scream and giggle to let you know he is excited. He absolutely loves Yukon. He will practically ignore us when Yukon is in the room. I don't think Yukon is too hot on Collin just yet, but he tolerates him. :) He still heads towards the back door to go outside when Collin starts crying. As you've probably seen from some of the videos, Yukon doesn't mind when Collin grabs him, hits him, pulls his ears, etc...we just have to be careful because it's very easy for Yukon to think Collin wants to play and may accidentally hurt him.

Anyway, I just wanted to share a little more...I think I enjoy the blog more than anyone else. :)

Collin scooting around...

Collin fascinated with Yukon's paws...

No comments: