Friday, May 16, 2008

A couple new videos of Collin Alexander...

We haven't had near as much excitement this week as we did Monday (Collin's big adventure from the bed to the floor). I believe that Collin falling off the bed was enough to last us for quite a while.

The main reason I am posting something today is to share a couple new video clips. However, I figured that while I am waiting for the videos to upload I can share a cute story.

Yesterday, when I went in to pick Collin up from Ms. Amelia's he was laying in the "babies" room on the floor -- he was on his tummy and had a toy nearby that he was playing with at the time. Two other babies, Chase and Cor'leis (aka CeCe), were also on the floor. Collin was toward the back of the room while Chase and CeCe were closer to the front. I stood in the room talking to Ms. Amelia for a little while. As we were talking we kept watching the three babies. Several times during the conversation one of us would interrupt and say, "oh, look at what "so-and-so" is doing." We are waiting on all three of them to start crawling so we get excited every time we see one making a move to get up and go. Well, as we continued to talk we noticed Collin making his way over to CeCe -- if you have been around Collin very much you know he loves girls! He is going to be such a charmer. We thought he was headed over to her just to be by the only girl on the floor with him. After scooting his way over to CeCe, he snatched her toy!! I thought, "uh oh, we might have a bully on our hands!" At the same time, I felt sorry for CeCe and thought she was going to start crying. Boy, was I wrong! She was no where near crying - she let out this scream and was looking directly at Collin. Collin slowly turned his head and looked at her, almost as if she were crazy, and then continued playing with "her" toy. It was the funniest thing. I can't remember now, but I think we gave him another toy and gave CeCe her toy back.

On a different subject: Crawling. Wow! He is improving and I really believe it will happen any day now. He has figured out how to get on his hands and knees at the same time, but he ends up just moving his knees and keeping his hands planted on the floor. So, he isn't actually moving. He will do that for a few minutes and then just give up and lay back down. When he really has somewhere he is trying to get he will scoot and pull himself across the floor. I have to admit, I am excited just by him getting on his knees -- that took a little while for him to figure out. He is so serious when he is trying to crawl. He was doing it this morning and I tried to "sneak" up on him to film some of it, but he caught me and stopped.

Anyway, watch the new videos when you have time. They are cute -- but, aren't they all??

Collin & Yukon - notice about 3 seconds into the clip how they both stop what they're doing to look at me...it's like they've been caught doing something they shouldn't be doing!

More Collin & Yukon

No comments: