It has been a few days since my last post. There hasn't been a whole lot happening around our house, so there hasn't been a whole lot to tell everyone about lately. I was just talking to Cathy (aka Nana) today and she asked if Collin had done anything else "funny" since the last few things I've told you all about -- I quickly responded, "no, nothing new." Well, wouldn't you know that tonight would be the night he would decide to do something new.
The first thing worth mentioning is Collin is starting to pull himself up. Amazing, huh? He won't get on his knees and crawl, but he can pull himself up and stand for a few seconds (then he falls). :) Ms. Amelia told me that he was starting to do this in his playpen at daycare, but we've never actually seen him do it. As I was sitting on the couch surfing the internet, Collin worked his way over and sat in front of the couch. After a few minutes he got on his knees and then pulled himself up holding on to the couch. He was only up a second before he fell down. After waiting a few minutes, he did it again. This time he stood a little bit longer. He was laughing and bouncing the entire time. I guess he is saying, "forget the crawling...I want to walk!" As I am sure you can imagine, we would be more than happy to have him walking -- it gets tough carrying him around! :)
The second thing I wanted to share was something that was more funny and not necessarily anything "development" oriented. As you read a couple of weeks ago, Collin found his way to Yukon's water bowl and stuck his entire face in the water. Today he made a run (well, scoot) for Yukon's food. Usually we give Yukon 30 minutes to an hour to eat his food and then we put it up. So, as Yukon is busy eating, Collin decides to join him. Collin loves to go in the kitchen so I didn't think a whole lot of it when he went in there. I completely forgot Yukon was eating. When it hit me, I ran (briskly walked) back into the kitchen to find Yukon backing away from his bowl and Collin grabbing a handful of his food and throwing it on the floor. Thank goodness he wasn't trying to eat it -- I guess that will come later since most kids like to try dog food. I just panicked and thought, "oh, no! If he puts that in his mouth he may choke!!" I was very lucky!
Last, but certainly not least, I thought I would share that Collin had his first "adventure" with his cousin Raphel this past weekend. I know this blog is to keep everyone updated on Collin and all of his milestones, but I also want to use it like a "journal" of things that he did as a baby so that he can read it when he is older. Okay, back to the Collin & Raphel adventure. Sunday, Raphel called and asked if we would let him pick Collin up for a little while. Would we let him??? Are you kidding me?!?!?! We never mind if someone wants to take Collin for a couple of hours. :) I didn't even realize it until my mother-in-law called the next day and asked me where Raphel took Collin, but I didn't even bother to ask where they were going! I don't know that Chauncey asked either -- we really aren't bad parents! :) LOL! We knew there was nothing to worry about with Collin in Raphel's hands. When they arrived back at the house I asked him how Collin did -- he said he was fine and the only time he got a little fussy was when he was holding him and making him be still. Collin wanted to get down and play. But, the funniest thing he said was, "that little boy "boo boos" like a grown man!" I just died laughing.
Well, that's it for now. I will write more later...
No comments:
Post a Comment