Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Update, Update, Update!!!

We have another tooth coming in on the bottom!!! Isn't that exciting? Okay, maybe not for everyone else, but it's exciting to me! Two baby teeth down and 18 more to go -- at least before the 6 "adult" molars come in (from what I've read the molars usually don't come in until a child is about 6 yrs old). It seems like such a slow process waiting for the teeth to finally get all the way in. I know everyone in our household, including Yukon who still goes to the back door when Collin starts crying, will be glad when it's all over. The teething process is not fun for anyone! =)

Collin has been a little under the weather the last couple of days. I don't think it's anything serious, but he's had a hard time sleeping because his nose is stopped up. Last night, Chauncey was holding him in his lap and Collin looked so pitiful. He was so tired and was restless. His little eyes looked droopy and he was kinda out of it. Chauncey said he looked drunk. Poor fella! You know how it is, the congestion is always worse at night. During the day he seems to do much better.

Anyway, the past few weeks several people have asked me how much he weighs. Well, I can't be certain because he hasn't been to the doctor since the middle of April. But, he was 26 pounds then, so if I had to guess I would say he is probably somewhere between 26 and 30. Although he looks huge, I don't think he's put on too much weight since April -- it looks more like he is "maintaining." :-) I don't know how long he will be able to maintain his weight considering Ms. Amelia cooks the kids "homemade" breakfast and lunch everyday -- do you think they are a little spoiled?? While Collin can't eat like the "big" kids, she usually grinds the food up in a baby food grinder or makes it in such a way that the babies can eat it, too. No wonder Collin doesn't get too excited when he sees me break out the Gerber baby food!?! Although, when he is really hungry he will chomp through the Gerber food in record time!

I guess that's it for now. I've posted a few new pictures to the right (at the top). I will keep everyone updated as things progress with the cutest baby in the world!



No comments: