Collin has been pulling himself up and standing on his own for quite a while now -- or at least it seems that way. BUT, now he will let go of whatever he is holding on to and stand completely on his own without holding on to anything. I sure hope walking comes soon! :) He will try to move one foot or something, but then he just sits down and starts crawling.
He is also trying like crazy to talk. There are words I repeat to him over and over to see if he will say them. He started waving when you say bye-bye a few weeks ago. It is so funny because his hand is turned towards him, so it looks like he is waving to himself. It's pretty cute. Now he will say "da-da" when he waves (it doesn't sound like daddy b/c he says is slow trying to imitate the way I say bye-bye). He is trying to say bye-bye, but places a "d" where the "b" is. And he is so serious when he says it, which makes it so precious.
Finally, and I saved the best for last, he has started trying to say the word light. When I change his diaper and he is looking up at the light I always point to it and say, "light." I say it over and over. He is probably sick of hearing it! Last night, as I was changing his diaper, he said "ight"...it was great! He had his arm stretched out (like he was going to touch it) and said "ight" really loud. He leaves the letter "L" off when he says it, but it's very clear what he is trying to say. He makes the "T" sound at the end of the word perfectly!
Anyway, that's it for now. I will keep everyone updated -- more pictures and videos coming soon! Keep an eye out for them!!
No comments:
Post a Comment