While every day presents something new with Collin, we don't have any "major" updates. I have to admit, more and more of his personality is starting to come out. It appears that Collin will be very independent and stubborn -- wonder where he gets the stubbornness from? It can't be his mother. :) Lately, I've noticed when I lay him down and try to put the bottle in his mouth he will push it away as if he doesn't want it. But, if I hand it to him after trying to put it in his mouth he will do it himself. It's like he is telling me, "let ME do it!!"
We had a few rough nights last week with Collin. He was very restless and would sleep an hour or so and then wake up crying. He had a hard time going back to sleep each time he woke up and while he was awake it seemed like he was in a daze. The first night we just thought it was a random thing and then he did the same thing the next night. He would sit quietly in our lap, but if we tried to lay down to go to sleep he would start crying. We tried giving him medicine for gas and Tylenol for teething. That didn't do anything to help him. He didn't have a fever and his bowel movements were regular. So, what could it be??? We could not figure it out, but we knew it was completely out of character for him. What is even more crazy is that during the day he was perfectly fine -- playing, talking, laughing, etc...Finally, after 3 nights of the restlessness and crying, we decided to take him to the doctor to see if he had an ear infection. The only other time he's acted really restless like that was when he had an ear infection in both ears.
So, off to the doctor. What did the doctor say was wrong? Absolutely nothing. Ears - fine. Lungs - fine. Belly - fine. Throat - fine. Nose - fine. Fever - none. Wow! What in the world was keeping him from getting a good night's rest?? I was stumped (and the doctor was, too). The doctor actually said it might be "separation anxiety" at his age. I just nodded and said "hmmm" because I knew that Collin doesn't sleep in his own room so it couldn't be separation issues -- Yes, I know, it's terrible, but he still sleeps in our room. It's me -- not his daddy. I am such a weenie.
:( Although, weenie or not, he is getting too big to be in the bed with us, so it's almost inevitable that he will start sleeping in his own room. Back to the doctor story --- I was kind of embarrassed for taking him to the doctor over nothing, but I would rather be sure it's nothing since Collin can't talk and tell us when something is wrong. Anyway, that night (after the dr visit) was much better. He only woke up once and he wasn't near as cranky when he woke up. I guess it's just a mystery -- only Collin knows why he was crying and having such a rough few nights.
Oh, Collin had his 9 month checkup a couple of weeks ago. He came in at 30 lbs and 33 1/2 inches. Still growing!! I guess that's it for now -- I have a couple new videos to post, but the site is having problems uploading, so I will try again later to post them.
No comments:
Post a Comment