Last night was another "first" for Collin. No, he didn't say anything profound...instead, he decided to eat some of Yukon's dog food!! EWWWW!
Usually, we make sure to leave Collin in his highchair until Yukon has finished eating, but yesterday was a little different. Collin was ready to get down much sooner than usual and started to throw a bit of a fit, so being the "giving-in" type of mother that I am, I decided to let him down. I completely forgot that Yukon was still eating, but it didn't really matter -- at first. Collin went straight into the bedroom because he heard Barney on the television. When I checked on him, he was sitting in Chauncey's lap on the floor. I continued to do things in the kitchen and after a few minuntes Chauncey came in the kitchen. We were talking, when all of the sudden Chauncey shrieks, "oh no, Collin!" He ran over to get him and sure enough, he had a piece of Yukon's food in his mouth. He was actually trying to chew it and had already broken it in half (even though it was dog food, I was proud that he was actually "chewing" it because so many times when we feed him he tries to swallow the food without chewing!). As Chauncey held Collin, I got the food out of his mouth. Chauncey and I both laughed. Of course, we know this is only the beginning of things that he will probably try to eat.
What is really impressive about this whole ordeal is that Yukon didn't bother Collin ONE bit as he took food from his bowl. Yukon was eating his food while Collin was putting his hand in the bowl to get some for himself. Isn't that amazing? How many dogs do you know that will let someone put their hand in the food bowl while they are eating? I would have to assume not many! We are so fortunate because Yukon is great with Collin! Don't worry, we aren't crazy...we still plan to keep Collin as far away from Yukon's food as possible -- for everyone's sake!
No comments:
Post a Comment