I thought it would be a good idea to try and get a good picture of Collin and Yukon together for our 2008 Christmas Cards. One Saturday morning, I dressed Collin in a cute, plaid Polo shirt and khakis and brought down some of our Christmas ornaments from the attic. I envisioned Collin sitting near the fireplace (with our stockings hanging in the background), playing with a couple of the ornaments and Yukon nearby. Well, to put it mildly, things did not go as I "envisioned." Collin would barely sit still long enough for us to get a picture and Yukon was just impossible. Yukon wanted the ornaments and Collin didn't want to sit down. When we finally got Collin to sit still, Yukon walked off. When Yukon was finally in the perfect position for a picture, Collin took off. We were getting a little frustrated, but laughing at the same time. I really did want a good picture!
So, we kept trying a little longer. Collin finally sat down and started messing around with the ornaments. The next thing we knew he was banging two of the ornaments together and broke one -- glass went everywhere. Okay, so not exactly a great idea! I hadn't even thought about him being able to break them, but I guess I should have since we ARE talking about Collin. He doesn't know how to be gentle with anything -- even other kids. :) I carefully cleaned up all of the glass and was about ready to give up on the picture. Collin still had one ornament in his hand and had a small green ball (one of his toys) in the other hand. Coincidentally, the ornament was red. So, it looked like he had a red ornament in one hand and a green one in the other. We kept snapping pictures. We tried to keep him near the fireplace. By this time, I gave up the idea of getting Yukon in the picture. After a few more minutes Collin started to cry. I was able to get a picture of him with his lip poked out right before the tears started...it's actually a cute picture. Not one I plan to use for our cards, but one that I will enjoy looking at years from now as I stroll down memory lane to that crazy Saturday morning when I thought I was going to get my perfect Christmas Card photo!






No comments:
Post a Comment