I can't believe we are less than 2 months away from Christmas. Wow! Time sure does fly when you spend your days and nights chasing a 1-year old around the house! For those of you that have kept Collin (even if it were only for a few hours), you know EXACTLY what I am talking about!! My younger sister, Krystin, has offered to keep Collin at the end of this month for a few days. Boy, does she have a good workout coming her way! Although, Collin is at a great age -- he is easily entertained and so much fun to play with. On the flip side, it is a tough job keeping him away from things he shouldn't get into. It is funny how kids know exactly what they aren't supposed to have and they always manage to find it --- and get to it faster than you can get to it to keep it away!
I apologize for being a little behind on the blogging. I haven't posted anything lately because Collin and I have been trying to recover from being a little under the weather. It started the Sunday we got back from Little Rock. Collin was extremely cranky that night and Chauncey and I had to take turns holding him --- trying to get him calmed down enough to fall asleep. Of course, given our past experience with ear infections, we both thought he may have another ear infection. Monday morning rolled around and Collin seemed perfectly fine. I always hate when he has a terrible night and then acts like nothing is wrong the next morning. It makes me feel like I am going crazy or something. :) I did notice that he was coughing a little, but nothing major. I decided to take him to daycare, but I decided to go ahead and make him a doctor's appointment for that afternoon since we didn't want Monday night to end up like the night before.
I arrived at daycare to drop him off and Ms. Amelia asked me if Collin had been coughing at all over the course of the weekend. I informed her that he had been coughing some. She asked me to take him home for the day because her son and another child were told they had croup (croup is a viral infection that is contagious and involves swollen vocal cords and a "barking" cough). "Great," I thought. I sure don't want to deal with that. As we left her house I called the doctor and made an appointment. A short time later, the doctor saw Collin and informed me that he didn't have croup and that his chest and lungs sounded completley normal. However, he did have an ear infection. "Another one?" I asked. We just finished treating one ear infection ten days before this appointment. UGH! She said it's pretty typical for children to get 1-2 illnesses a month while attending a daycare. That sounds like a lot to me, but I guess she knows more than I do! Unfortunately, Collin's "illnesses" are usually in the form of ear infections. So, we left the doctor's office with yet another prescription to treat the infection. Collin has a follow-up appointment this Friday to make sure the infection is gone. Hoperfully, everything will be fine.
Now that Collin is feeling better, I am sick!! Isn't that usually how it happens? I started with what I thought was just a sinus infection, but now I am not so sure what it is. I was starting to feel a little better late last week, but I developed a pretty rough cough this past weekend. Now I've pretty much lost my voice (which is probably good news for Collin) and my chest hurts so bad that I try to completely keep from coughing. I was trying to put off going to the doctor, but it looks like I may not have a choice unless I want to keep feeling so awful.
Back to Collin...everyone knows how big Collin is and how we've been amazed with his size since the day he was born. Well, I've started to think that he's "leveling" out now and kinda slowed down the growing process. I guess I stand to be corrected. Today, when I dropped him off at daycare, Ms. Amelia and Ms. Brittany both said they can tell that he is getting taller. I said, "really? I thought he's pretty much slowed down on his growing." "Ohhhhh no," they said. They can tell how much taller he is getting by the things he is starting to get into now. =)
Well, I have to get back to work, but I figured I better write some sort of update on his blog so no one would worry that something was wrong! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment