Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Not much to update, but here's a new post...

Lately, there hasn't been a whole lot going on in the Bland household. We've just been doing the usual day-to-day stuff. I survived my 10-day trip to Las Vegas much better than I anticipated. Collin was in good hands with his grandparents the first few days and then Chauncey the last 4 days before I got home. I have to admit, I was speeding to get home when I finally made it back to the Memphis airport. Good thing I didn't fly by any police officers. :) I was very anxious to see Collin, Yukon and Chauncey. The next time my job will have a meeting like that will not be until 2010 and fortunately, it won't be in Las Vegas...it will be in Anaheim, CA at Disneyland.

We are heading to Little Rock this Friday and I am looking forward to going! It seems like it's been a while since we were in Little Rock. I am sure everyone will be excited to see Collin. The majority of peole haven't seen him since he started walking. He is really turning into a lot of fun now that he is getting around so well on his own. We have a lot of fun "chasing" him through the house and listening to him squeal when we "almost" catch him. He loves to dance when he hears music, too. He usually swings one arm back and forth, nods his head up and down and moves his little booty back and forth -- it's hilarious. We also have a good time watching him run from Yukon...if Yukon comes in the room from another room, Collin will take off running thinking that Yukon is coming after him. Usually, Yukon just walks right past him. :)

Oh, I almost forgot. We are currently in the process of getting him off the bottle. We are in that transitional phase. He always does really good with a sippee cup, but bedtime is the real test. Tonight will actually be the first night we don't give him a bottle when he gets ready for bed. It is actually about time for bed now, so I may be pulling my hair out in about 15 minutes. He has been so good about knowing when it's bedtime once we lay him down and give him the bottle. I am not sure how he will do tonight. But, we gotta start sometime, so now is just as good as any. He hasn't been using a bottle at daycare at all, so hopefully, he will do just fine. I will let you all know how things turn out!

Well, I better go for now. I need to get him ready for bed. More later...

No comments: