We spent most of last week in Little Rock visiting my family. My parents came down with Lauren (Collin's cousin) to pick him up on Monday. Chauncey and I headed to Little Rock on Wednesday. I was excited about Collin getting a chance to see everyone since it had been a few months since he last saw them (Christmas, I think). Chauncey spent most of his time playing golf with my cousin Phillip (this was really the reason for the visit -- Collin and I just decided to tag along so we could visit family). We had a really good time and I know Collin enjoyed every moment. Lauren spent the night with him every night and he LOVES playing with her! I have to admit that Collin came back home a little spoiled -- he was expecting to have "late nights" at home since Nana and Papa let him stay up until 11 or 12 every night. :) He wasn't so lucky...we immediately got him back on his 9-9:30 p.m. bed time when we arrived back home.
I haven't figured out what Collin likes more about going to visit my parents. It is definitely a toss up between helping Papa take the dog outside to use the bathroom or going up and down the stairs -- over and over and over. For some reason, he is fascinated by the stairs. I don't know what it is about taking the dog outside either. But, he throws a fit if he sees Papa grab the dog leash and start to head out the door without him. It's so funny.
We were able to spend some time with Grandma LeLe, too (my mom). We actually visited her at home on Wednesday night and then met her for lunch on Friday. She decided to give Collin some Cheerios while we were at her house and he managed to make a mess on the floor. He dropped several on the floor by accident and then figured out that if you step on them they make a "crunch' noise. Once he heard that "crunch" when he stepped on them, that became a game. He threw more Cheerios on the floor and continued to stomp around on them. Of course, I was telling him to stop and my mom was saying, "oh, it's okay...he's fine." Is he spoiled or what?
We were also able to spend a few hours with my cousin Michelle and her two kiddos (Aubrey and Corbin). Collin had a BLAST playing in the basement with the Roller Coaster. I know he wore Corbin completely out. Corbin kept pushing Collin on the little car --- over and over and over. I bet they played on that thing for about an hour straight. They also played outside for a bit. I wish had taken a picture of how filthy Collin was by the time we left. He was covered in dirt! But, I guess boys will be boys, huh?
On another note -- Collin is starting to talk more and more these days. He learns new words all of the time and he doesn't waste any time sharing his new skills! I am amazed at how many things he sees and recognizes -- for example, he will see a basketball game on tv and say, "baketball." He doesn't quite get the "s" in there, but you can tell exactly what he is saying! He has been saying the word dog for quite some time now, but we've been trying to get him to say Yukon when he sees our dog. I guess that is still a little too hard, so instead he says "kon!" Collin is very good about saying Papa when he sees my dad. We've been working to get him to say Nana, but that just doesn't really happen. After a little work, though, he did start saying "Papa Nana." I guess Nana's new name will be "Papa Nana." LOL!
We had a great visit and loved being about to spend time with everyone. I hope we can take him back for a weekend trip soon. He is changing more and more everyday and developing more and more communication with us, so it's fun to see him interact with different people. We decided to leave early Saturday morning so we could get Collin in to the see the doctor before noon. I was started to wonder if he had another ear infection -- Friday night he didn't want to go to bed and that is usually a good indicator. He ended up falling asleep sitting up in my lap. Sure enough, he had a ear infection in both ears. Poor baby!!
No comments:
Post a Comment