Oops! I have totally neglected Collin's blog the last several months. It's definitely not because of a lack of content, but more so because of lack of time. When I find the time to do it, I usually tell myself, "nah, I will do it in a little while." As you can imagine, that never happens. So, let's see...what is new? Most recently, Collin had tubes put in his ears. We are hoping this helps with the number of ear infections he gets, but only time will tell. I must admit, he was a little trooper the day of the surgery. We were expecting him to be a complete basket case in recovery and he only cried for about 10 minutes and then he was feeling fine. In the car, on the way home, he kept telling us he wanted to eat -- imagine that. :) Another current issue in our household is Collin's new use of the word "pow." As in, "pow pow," while he points his fingers at you like he is holding a gun. I have NO idea where this came from, but my guess would be from another kid at daycare. It's actually kind of funny, but we are disciplining him when he does this because we don't want him running around and pointing at people while yelling, "pow pow!"
Collin has become very good at saying Chauncey instead of daddy lately, too. I guess he's heard me say Chauncey so much that he figures he might as well say it, too. :) I've been instructed to start calling Chauncey "daddy" from now on. As I've said in previous posts, Collin's personality is really starting to develop. He is so independent and even when he is struggling with something and needs help, he gets upset when you try to help him (sometimes he will get so mad that he points and yells "pow pow!"...nah, just kidding!). If you are doing something he doesn't like, he will let you know for sure! I always think it's cute when "daddy" is messing with him and Collin gets this serious look and says, "nooooo daddy!" What's even better is when he gets frustrated with Yukon and yells, "no KON!" He doesn't quite say Yukon yet -- it's just "kon." Even funnier than that is when Collin points to pictures of himself and refers to himself as "baby." Yes, he knows his name, but he always calls himself "baby." I don't know what he will do when I have his little brother or sister next March! Just kidding -- I'm not pregnant! Just trying to see who is really paying attention when they read this thing. :)
An update on his size -- he is wearing a size 4T in clothes now, which really just shocks me. I am not quite sure why I still find myself amazed. He has been a big boy since birth and it appears that is not changing any time soon. We still get a laugh when people ask us how old he is and then we tell them and they look shocked. When he had his surgery, the nurse was so surprised. She said it looked like he was definitely going to be bigger than his daddy. If you haven't seen him in person lately, hopefully you can soon. He is such a joy to be around and is FULL of energy. If you are needing to lose some weight, just babysit and I guarantee you will lose a few pounds. He is 100% boy and will keep you going and going and going. I've learned to force myself to take a nap when he takes one. :)
I will try to record some more videos and post them so you can watch him interacting with daddy, "kon" and me. Oh, last thing --- we are learning that Collin loves basketball (or "backet-ball" as he calls it) and golf. As a matter of fact, when it comes to the golf club, you better watch out. He was swinging it the other day in the living room and as he threw his arm back to take a huge swing, he smacked my foot...then he hit the ball. It hurt so bad that I knew something had to be broken in my foot. It must be something about getting older that makes your feet more sensitive. I used to always laugh at my "meme" when we would run through her house as kids and she would yell, "watch my feet, watch my feet!" Now I know why she was so paranoid about us hitting her feet --- it hurts like CRAZY! Well, that's it for now. I hope you got a few chuckles out of this post. I promise to do better...have I said that before? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment