Thursday, August 6, 2009

Funny things...

I could kill myself for not updating this EVERY time Collin says something funny. If you've been around Collin lately, you know he is talking up a storm these days. I am always amazed when he spurts something out that I've never heard him say before. I think he definitely gets his "talking" from me. I mean, he can literally talk nonstop from the time I pick him up from daycare until the time we get home (which is about 20 minutes). Usually, I don't mind; half the time I'm not quite sure what he is saying anyway. :) Well, this past week I was really sick with some sort of virus --- running a fever, body aching, chills, etc. I picked him up Monday and for some reason he was a little crabby. He started whining and mumbling as soon as he got in the car. Typically, I ignore him when he starts the whining. Well, because I wasn't feeling very well, I was a little more irritable than usual. After about 10 minutes of the whining, we stopped at a stop sign. I turned around and looked at Collin straight in his eyes and said, "Collin, be quiet right now." I said it firm and forcefully. Well, what does he do? He holds his hands up in the air (similar to when someone says "I don't know") and he says, "I can't." He was so serious and sincere. I just cracked up laughing.

Another funny thing Collin did not too long ago was right after he got a spanking. We usually spank his hand or leg, but now that he is wearing pull-ups, I decided to spank his bottom (they aren't near as thick as diapers). As soon as I popped his bottom, he turned around and said, "hey, that's my butt!!" It took everything in me not to laugh. I am still not sure where he learned the word butt, but I guess I can handle that -- it's a lot better than one of the alternatives. :)

Collin's new phrase for now is "I got it." If you drop something or he sees something, he yells, "mom/dad, I got it!" He is just precious. We are thoroughly entertained these days with the crazy little things he does and says. Somehow he went from calling Yukon "kon" to "coo-coo." I am still not sure how that happened. I guess one day he will finally say Yukon.

That's it for now. I hope to do a better job of keep this updated. I need to just block time out of my day a couple times a week to update it. There are so many new things happening and I know you all want to know about it. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cute!!! He is really growing up. I sure needed this laugh today!

GG