Friday, February 4, 2011

The things Collin says...

I've been keeping a list for a while now of things that Collin says so I could write them all here...So, here goes:

I was watching Collin dance one day and I asked him where he learned to dance. His response: "at my ice ice baby school." Unfortunately, I've created a monster and he loves the song "Ice Ice Baby" by Vanilla Ice (way back from the early 1990s).

I picked Collin up from school one day and noticed 2 check marks by his name on the board. I asked him what happened and why he had 2 check marks. His response: "noooo, I got those for being extra good. Those are good marks, okay mom?" It was as if he wanted to make sure I believed him and wasn't going to check with his teacher. Seriously, is he only 3?!

I was being lazy one day and instead of giving Collin a bath, I let him jump in the shower with me. After we were done and I was trying to dry him off, he kept moving around and playing. I got frustrated and raised my voice and said, "Collin, be still. Don't move again." Then he said, "understand me? Say that, mama." Usually when I tell him to do something, at the end I will say, "do you understand me?" I guess when I didn't say it, he felt the need to remind me. :)

Around the first of December when a lot of people started decorating their homes with Christmas lights, we were driving home from school. As we passed all of the pretty houses with lots of lights and yard decorations, Collin repeatedly said, "ohhh, look mom...that's amazing" or "wooow! those lights are so pretty." He did it as we passed every house with lights. When we got to our house and pulled into the driveway, he said, "mom, this isn't amazing." LOL!! I just died laughing. I guess our little tree in the flower garden and Christmas tree lit up in the front window wasn't impressive enough for him!

Me: What did you do at school today?
Collin: Had fun, did homework and got my name on the board
Me: Why did you get your name on the board?
Collin: ummm, for not listening.
Me: Why weren't you listening?
Collin: Because I was talking, silly girl! ummm, I mean mom.

A few weeks ago, Chauncey's grandmother died. I am not sure any 3-year old can really understand death, but as we were on our way to visit with the family, I tried to explain to him that Grandma Lula went to heaven. After a few minutes, Collin loudly screamed at me, "no, Grandma Lulu (he has always called her Lulu) did NOT go to heaven...ONLY Jesus is in heaven!"

Week before last, Collin was spending time in Little Rock visiting Papa & Nana. I called one day to talk with him and he told me that he had a dream Jesus was born. Then he said, "did you know the whale ate Jesus?!?" He was referring to the bible story about Jonah and the whale.

We changed the mirror in our master bathroom and the new mirror isn't quite as long. The first morning that Collin was going to brush his teeth with the new mirror in place, he told me, "mom, I can't brush my teeth in there because I can't see myself in the 'mirraca.' Let's go to the other bathroom."

I was trying to listen to something on t.v. and I asked Collin a couple of times to be quiet. He continued to talk (louder and louder), so I raised my voice and asked him again. He looked at me (with his usual innocent look) and said, "why didn't you just say use my INSIDE voice, mom? Now, I got it."

On the way to drop Collin off for school, we got behind one of the slowest drivers! As I began to yell at the guy in the car in front of us, Collin said, "mama, that man can't hear you." Then he paused a few seconds and said, "roll down your window!!"

No comments: