Monday, August 15, 2011

More Collin stories...

It has been a while, but here are a few funny things from Collin over the past couple of months...

I had a conversation with Collin explaining if you have more than one mouse, you should say "mice." He thought for a second and said, "mom, that doesn't make sense so I will just say mouses."

Collin spent a few days on a mini-vacation with my parents in Oklahoma. When he came back home, he told me all about his Papa swimming in his jeans. When I took Collin to school, I started telling his teacher about it. He interrupted me and said, "don't tell her that was my Papa, tell her that was YOUR dad." I guess he was embarrassed?! :)

Had a discussion with Collin about what to get Chauncey for Father's Day. He responded, "but, I don't have a father -- I have a daddy. What can you buy for dads?"

I walked in Collin's class and he immediately came running over to me, grabbed my hand and started walking me towards where his backpack was hanging. As we walked out of the classroom, he said "don't look that way." I asked, "why not?" He quickly responded, "the board is over there and my name is on it!"

Not only does Collin tell on himself sometimes, he apparently tells on me, too. I was pulled over a while back for speeding. I didn't get a ticket (thank goodness), but as we passed the street where I was pulled over, Collin yelled, "hey daddy, this is where the policeman got mom!" NICE, Collin, REEEAL NICE! :)

We went on vacation to Gulf Shores with 2 other families. As one of the mother's of the other kids was getting on to her daughter, Collin walked around the corner and said, "you don't have to be so mean to her!" I think he better mind his own business! LOL!

Collin: can you go to the store and buy me a sister?
Me: no, you can't buy sisters and brothers.
Collin: oh, well just go steal me one then.

Collin asked me what I made him for lunch. After I told him, he said, "you REALLY do love me."

I asked Collin who was his best friend...he responded, "Travis and Martavius." I gave him a sad face and said, "but, I thought I was your best friend." To that, he responded, "no, you are my baby! Only kids can be my friends. You aren't a kid!"

Collin told me about a new toy he wants. I said, "you want everything." He sincerely responded, "no, I don't. I just want everything I see on tv."

Collin's thing for a while was to point out everyone that looks "old" to him. We've had lots of conversations about how it's not nice to say that about people. On the way to school one day, he told me a story and at the end he said, "well, he isn't old, but he is dumb. It's okay to say dumb, right?"

As I headed out for a girls night, Collin said, "are you ever going to come back??"

After picking Collin up from spending a week in Little Rock with my parents, it was obvious how spoiled he had been all week. His attitude was terrible. As we were driving, I told him, "you better watch your attitude." He responded, "don't you mean CHANGE my attitude?" That was, of course, followed by a spanking.

Collin recently left the preschool he had been at since he was 8 weeks old. On the way to school for his last day, I asked him if he was sad that it was his last day. He answered, "why? I will just have new friends, a new teacher and a new lunch box!!"

The Sunday School teacher at church asked Collin, "your name is Collin, right?" He responded, "yes, but my mom calls me handsome."

We walked in Wal-Mart and when the greeter spoke to us, Collin yelled, "match it!" I asked him what in the world he was talking about and he said, "you know, like the commercial!"

Collin's first day at Central Day School --- we pulled into the parking lot and Collin said, "mom, this big boy school is beautiful." After meeting his teacher, he looked at me and said, "you can go now, mom."

Papa called to see how Collin's 1st day at his new school went. He asked Collin if there were any cute girls at the new school. Collin said, "there weren't any cute girls, but there were nice girls." LOL!!

Collin is like a smooth-talking man. He missed school last Friday and as we walked in the classroom today, his teacher said, "it's good to have you back!" His reply --- "well, give me a hug then!"

These were just some of the many things Collin has said/done to keep us laughing! Keep checking back and I will try to do a better job of staying current!!! :)

No comments: