Well, today was the day Collin finally decided to adventure of off the bed and scare us half to death! I was afraid that it was only a matter of time before he slipped off without us being about to stop him. This morning, as usual, we placed Collin in the middle of our bed so he could watch cartoons. After a little time passed he was getting bored and wanted to move around quite a bit. Seeing this, we decided to lay him on the floor on a blanket. He was content on the floor playing with his toys, but kept trying to scoot himself towards our dresser (our tv is mounted on the wall behind our dresser). Chauncey thought he was trying to watch tv so he decided to put him back on the bed.
In the meantime I decided to fix Collin some cereal. I am standing in the kitchen when, all of the sudden, I hear this loud yell from Chauncey, "Oh my god!" followed by Collin's crying. I think my heart stopped beating for a second. I ran into the room and saw Chauncey holding him. I asked what happened and yep, you guessed it -- he took a tumble off of the bed. At one point Collin was crying so hard that his mouth was completely open (like he was screaming) and nothing was coming out. Poor fella! Chauncey said he saw him starting to fall, but couldn't get to him quick enough. He said what really scared him was that as Collin was starting to fall his head was facing downward -- but, as he fell his body flipped over so he actually landed flat on his back. He didn't hit anything on the way down. I am sure it startled the crap out of him and Chauncey yelling out of panic probably scared him some, too.
Anyway, after a few moments (literally just a few minutes) of crying everything was fine. Collin ate his breakfast and was laughing and playing until he got to daycare.
I know we aren't the first to have this happen to us, but it was definitely a scare. I believe God watches over babies and takes special care of them! Not to mention, Collin is a tough boy...he handled it just fine! I think it was mom and dad that didn't handle it too well! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment