Today was the first Mother's Day since Collin was born, so it was an exciting day for me. This time last year I was only about 4 months pregnant (thank goodness that part is over!!). I still don't understand how some women actually enjoy being pregnant. After I finally got past feeling sick all of the time then I felt fat and uncomfortable!! But, having Collin Alexander was worth EVERY SINGLE second of it!!
Back to the story....Some time while we were sleeping Saturday night the power went out. My alarm didn't go off, but I only woke up about 30 minutes later than I planned. I rushed around and got ready for church and then woke Collin up and got him ready. Surprisingly, we made it to 8am service on time -- with about 5 minutes to spare!! If you know where we live and where we go to church, you understand why this was a successful thing since we woke up late (our church is about 40 minutes from home).
After church we headed over to Chauncey's parents house and spent the entire day there. Collin was such a good boy! Grandmama put a sleeping blanket down on the floor and Collin spent most of the day playing with his toys and rolling around on the floor. While we were there, Mark, Tangela, Logan and Ryan (Chauncey's brother and his family) stopped by to visit. Collin always has a good time with Logan (7 yrs old) and Ryan (3 yrs old). I was able to get a few pictures and I've posted them on the right side of the page. Ryan had a Nike headband on and we took it off and put it on Collin. We all got a kick at how well it fit...Chauncey always says that Collin has a big head, so this just made it worse! :) If he didn't have a big head it wouldn't fit the rest of his body...everything on Collin is "over" sized! He is a big, growing boy!!! :)
Collin (and Chauncey) bought me a few gifts -- I was surprised! I didn't figure Chauncey would have time to get out and do any shopping, but he managed to squeeze in some time after a quick golf game Saturday! :)
Anyway, all in all we had a great weekend and a I had a really good Mother's Day! I am blessed to have such a sweet baby boy and a great husband!
~Courtney
No comments:
Post a Comment