Monday, June 30, 2008

Collin goes on his first field trip...

So, let's see -- what is new with Collin these days? Well, nothing really "monumental" like walking, but there are some things that he has started to do different in the last few days. Of course, when he takes his first steps, EVERYONE will know! It's hard to believe, but he is getting closer and closer to walking. I am surprised considering he is such a big boy. I was talking to Ms. Amelia today and we were going on about how we thought Collin would be the last to do a lot of things, such as sitting up on his own, crawling, pulling himself up, etc, because he was so big. We thought he might be a little "lazy" and not try to do all of those things because of his size. But, boy were we wrong!! He is SO strong and is developing just the way he should be. I still can't believe how strong he is sometimes. It literally takes all of my strength to keep him from doing something when he has made up his mind to do it. He will fight until the end to get his way! :)

Okay, well let me start with today and work backwards. Today was a BIG day for Collin (and a few other babies at Ms. Amelia's) -- they had their first field trip. They made a trip to Chuck E. Cheese (I told Amelia she was crazy!) :). She had a "light" load today since some of the kids were out of town or whatever for the holiday. So, around lunch time today, Ms. Amelia and one of her employees loaded the 3 babies (Collin, Chase and Alaina) and 2 other kiddos (Amir and Jasmine) into the car and headed to Chuck E. Cheese. I met them there so I could snap a few pictures and be a part of the fun. Collin was awe struck by all of the noises, lights, music, etc. He was staring at everything. We put the babies in high chairs and sat kinda close to the stage (I am sure most of you are familiar with Chuck E. Cheese). I was trying my best to get some good pictures, but there was so much going on that I could barely get any of them to look at me. A little later we took them over to the area with all of the games. They had a Chuck E. Cheese car that was motorized (it went back and forth really slow), so we let each baby ride -- it was so cute. Collin wasn't really sure what to think. Once he figured out that the steering wheel turned, he started having a pretty good time with it. Oh, Collin also had his first french fry today! All in all, it was a great time for everyone (except maybe Ms. Amelia -- I know she was worn out!).

I have to point out that Collin is smitten with a little girl at daycare. It is so cute. He has always had an eye for the girls and gives almost any girl "extra" attention, but this one is special. Her name is Alaina and she has been coming to his daycare for about a month or two now. A while back, Ms. Amelia told me that he always wants to sit by her during breakfast and lunch and if she puts someone else beside him, he is not real happy. It gets better...Collin and Alaina have a play pen next to each other in the activity room. They will stand up while they are in their individual play pens and grab each other's hands and whisper back and forth. When I heard this, I got so tickled. If Alaina is anywhere in sight, Collin has his eyes on her. On that same subject, last Saturday we went to Babies R Us to get a few things. Collin was sitting in the shopping cart and I was standing in front of him. All of the sudden, he was leaning over all the way to the side of the cart trying to look around me. I turned around to see what he was looking at and noticed a lady pushing a little girl in a stroller. He watched that stroller until it was out of sight. It was hilarious. There were people everywhere, but he was watching the stroller with the little girl. :) I think we have a future "romeo" on our hands!

A couple other 'notable' things --- Collin has started clapping. It just happened out of the blue one day. He gets so excited and proud of himself when he claps. Also, just in the last few days, he has figured out how to turn the water on in our bathtub in the master bathroom. While I am getting ready for work he likes to come in the bathroom and sit on the floor. He will make his way over to the bathtub and pull himself up. The faucet and knobs to turn the water on always catch his attention. One day, he grabbed the knob and the water came rushing out -- it scared him so bad that he jumped and then plopped down on the floor. After a second, he got up and put his hand in the water. Right now, he can only reach the cold water knob, which is a good thing. And he isn't tall enough to push his weight over the bathtub where he could fall in. He only goes in the bathroom when we are in there, but I still like to keep a pretty close eye on him.

Well, I guess that's it for now. I have a few videos from Chuck E. Cheese, but I will upload those at another time.

No comments: