Saturday, August 9, 2008

Whew! What a day...

Saturday was really busy. Collin woke up around 7am, but I could tell he was still sleepy. After realizing that he wasn't going to go back to sleep, I sat on the floor and played with him for a while. Around 10:45 he went back to sleep and slept until about 1pm. After he woke up, I fed him, gave him a bath and then we left for Target. Chauncey got home from work around 3pm and we headed to Alaina's birthday party.

Collin had a really good time at the party. He was the youngest one there and the only one who wasn't walking ~~ don't worry, he kept up with everyone there! He doesn't seem to mind having kids step all over him, walk around him, etc. Alaina's parents had a kiddie pool set up in the backyard for the kids. As soon as I put Collin in the pool he started splashing like crazy. The other kids were stepping on him, bumping into him, and screaming, but Collin didn't seem to mind it a bit. He was enjoying the water. Alaina wasn't too happy about the water, but when her mom sat her in the pool by Collin she didn't make a peep. We laughed because she was throwing a fit until she got by Collin.

Anyway, the party was a success. Collin was knocked out in the car on the way home. He had a full day.

Oh, another story worth mentioning relates to daycare. Friday, Collin had his 1st encounter with a "biter." Another little boy (older than Collin) was hugging him and when he stopped hugging him he bit Collin on his cheek. Ms. Amelia said Collin didn't even cry -- he just gave a surprised, shocked look. The bite didn't break the skin, but it was really red and puffy when I picked him up Friday. Luckily, it looks a lot better now. I thought it was going to turn into a dark bruise, but it looks like it might not. And don't worry, Ms. Amelia made sure the little boy got a spanking for biting him. And just so everyone knows, I didn't freak out (at least not this time). Chauncey was more upset about it than I was. Not that I liked that it happened, but I know kids will do things that they shouldn't and it will probably only be a matter of time before Collin does something "off the wall." :) I am just happy that Ms. Amelia handled the situation. Collin isn't old enough to really "defend" himself, thankfully for that little boy (and we won't encourage fighting unless it's in COMPLETE defense!). Although, Ms. Amelia told me that Collin doesn't have any trouble keeping the older kids "in line" when they mess with him! :) Too funny!


Collin loves water! He loves taking baths, so being in this kiddie pool was perfect for him.

Another short video from the birthday party. I think Collin had more fun than the birthday girl!

No comments: