Well, it has been a while since my last post. Things have been pretty busy, so I have not had much time to update Collin's blog. Let's see -- the last post was about Collin starting to finally feel better after being sick. Lots of things have happened since then, I am sure, but I can't remember that far back! Old age!
A few weekends ago Gena came to pick Collin up so he could spend the day with her. Gena is Collin's godmother. She offered to let Collin spend the night with her, but since I never know how Collin will sleep at night I figured I wouldn't "scare" her off just yet! :) They spent part of the day at Chuck E Cheese with Gena's twin nieces and I am sure Collin had a great time. I sent her a text message during the day to see how he was holding up and she said he was being perfect (I thought she couldn't be talking about our Collin -- just kidding). She said he did seem a little confused looking at the twins. He must have been trying to figure out how two people could look the exact same. The twin girls are 5 yrs old and they had a good time entertaining Collin.
Collin is pretty much walking these days. Just in the last few days he has started to really get around by walking rather than crawling. He will still crawl occasionally, but the majority of the time he spends walking. It is so funny to watch because he thinks he can move a lot faster than he really can -- at least without falling. Chauncey will act like he is chasing him around the ottoman in our living room and Collin gets so excited and tries to run from him while holding on to the ottoman. It's too cute!
I was out of town for a few days last week for my job. It doesn't seem to get any easier to leave Collin (leaving Chauncey isn't much fun either). Next month is going to be really tough for me. I have a meeting in Las Vegas from October 15-24. I will actually miss Collin's birthday (Oct. 17th). Can you believe that? It's awful. I am dreading it. I know he won't remember and it doesn't mean he is any "less" loved, but it just won't feel right. Since I work with pilots, a lot of them have said, "oh, welcome to the airline industry," followed by, "but I am sorry you will miss it." :) We are having his party on October 11 -- only 3 more weeks away. I can't believe it's already time to celebrate his 1st birthday. Time has gone by so fast (but so slow some days). Last night, we were looking at a few pictures of Collin from several months ago. It is so amazing to see how much he has changed over time. And Chauncey graciously pointed out "how big" I was several months ago, too. :) I told him that wasn't very nice and he said, "well, I can say that now because you've lost weight." Yeah, yeah, yeah -- a woman never likes to hear how "big" she EVER was! LOL! Anyway, back to the subject of being out of town. I wish there were a way to explain to Collin that I am not abandoning him and that I will be back in about a week and a half...I know it's silly, but I don't want him to forget about me! I may come back to find that he is a complete daddy's boy and wants nothing to do with me. :) Right now it seems as though he is 50/50 between the two of us.
Last Friday we went to Branson with my parents, older sister (Patty) and her family (Mark & Lauren), and my younger sister (Krystin) and her husband (Lawrence). My brother (Paul) wasn't able to make it. We had a great time. Lauren spent a lot of her time playing with Collin and you can tell how much he loves his cousin. Lauren is his only girl cousin, so I think that makes it even more special. We left mid-morning Sunday to head back home. Everyone else stayed until Monday, but Chauncey didn't want to take Monday off from work, so we just made it a weekend trip. Regardless, it was fun and a well needed break.
This weekend we have a birthday party to go to for one of Collin's daycare buddies. Hopefully, I will get some cute pictures that I can share on here for everyone.
I guess that is it for now. I am thinking of several "funny" things I want to share about Collin, but I don't have time to write about them now...that will be the subject of my next post. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment