Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Collin's 1st Birthday

Collin turns 1 on October 17th, but we had his first birthday bash on Saturday, October 11th. I will be leaving to go out of town tomorrow and I won't be back until the 24th. We decided to have the party early rather than late. We decided to do something "low key" at Chick-Fil-A since it doesn't really make sense to spend a lot of money on a baby who won't remember a thing nor have a clue what is really going on. We had a good turnout of people and Collin had a really good time. He was happy most of the day and didn't get cranky much at all. He woke up Saturday morning at 7:30 and didn't get to really take a good nap until close to 3:30. I was impressed with how well he did all day.

Chauncey had the best idea and created a dvd for Collin to have when he gets older. He filmed stuff from the night before Collin's party (eating dinner, taking a bath, playing, etc) and then combined it with video from the party. He just finished the dvd lastnight and we are hoping to give a copy to everyone who wants one. The first time I watched it I got teary-eyed. I can't believe how much Collin has changed in a year. We are truly blessed to have such a beautiful, healthy, happy baby boy!

Tonight will be a tough night for me, but tomorrow morning will really be rough. I am leaving at 8:30 a.m. to head out to Las Vegas for work. I have 9 nights/10 days of work and I am not looking forward to it. We have these meetings every other year, so at least I know it will be a while before we have to do this again. The good thing is that my company pays for Chauncey to come visit since I will be gone so long. He will arrive on Thursday and head back to Memphis on Monday. They would also pay for Collin to visit, but I don't think it's a good idea to make Chauncey travel with a 1-year old all by himself. That might be torture! :) Hopefully, the next time we have this meeting he can bring Collin ~~ he will be 3 years old then and it may be much easier. I found out today that our next meeting in 2010 will be in Anaheim, California at Disneyland. That will be a blast for Collin.

Well, I guess that's all for now. Here are some of my favorite pictures from Saturday.






No comments: