Sunday, October 5, 2008

Collin's 1st Haircut

Yesterday was a big day for Collin...and us. I've been looking forward to getting Collin's hair cut for a while now. It was getting so long on top that it was becoming unmanageable. It looked okay while it was wet, but as soon as it dried it would just stand up all over the place -- like a mini afro!
And even though he isn't quite one yet, we figured he was close enough, so it was time for a haircut!

Surprisingly, he did very well while the barber cut his hair. He wasn't fussy and didn't do very much squirming at all. Occasionally, he would make a quick movement to look around, but he didn't seem afraid of getting his haircut. Rather than cut his hair really short, we decided to trim it all the way around and see how it grows now....once it gets a little thicker we will probably cut it shorter. It's really cute -- it makes him look like a "big boy!" I will post pictures, but I didn't take any "before" and "after" shots. I just wasn't thinking. I was anxious about how he would act and I didn't plan the picture process all that well. Overall, it was a good experience. I hope that when it's time for another haircut he will do just as well as he did the first time.

On another subject, there are only 6 days until his birthday party. I am looking forward to seeing my family and I am really looking forward to seeing how Collin reacts to his cake. As much as he likes to eat, I think he will have a good time with it. We haven't completely decided what we will get him for his birthday yet, but I think we are leaning towards a "car"-type thing. It's not motorized, but it's something he can ride and push himself with his feet. Who knows what we will end up getting him though. We still have a few days to decide. :)

Anyway, that's it for now....I will write more later.

No comments: